Thursday, April 26, 2012

hello, friend

If you were to start a new health plan, do you think you would be more likely to stick to it if you had a friend come along with you to the gym or someone to talk with about your new eating habits? Accountability is a very powerful thing and something we all should use to strengthen our relationship with God.

One of the downsides of me being timid about my faith is never building those relationships necessary for support. It was very easy for me to let my relationship fall to the wayside because I didn't have anyone checking in on me. There was no one there making sure I was going forward or if I was falling back, no one was there to pull me forward with them.

Thankfully, I have been actively seeking "walking partners" as I work on my spiritual health. I am so happy to say that I have found people and a community of believers that will allow me to foster my new believe until it becomes a strong conviction.

I encourage everyone to reach out and find someone to hold them accountable and just to have community with. Especially if you're a new/rededicated believer like me. It's easy to lose sight of what's important without reminders as a newbie.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.


1 comment:

  1. a friend's a friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them :)
    -Steph
    p.s. that's from a really old song!

    ReplyDelete